Monday, May 07, 2007

Finally out of the dungeon

While we've enjoyed the fruits of our labor from two years ago, it is nice to depart the dwelling space of our basement and finally be able to ascend to the second floor. Yes, that's right, our 2nd floor remodel and dormer bath is complete.

We managed to finally pass all our inspections (after multiple attempts), including the Final Building inspection today, and we can now inhabit the area as living space! I really don't know if the emotions can properly be put down into words, so here are some photos of the finished space.

The master bedroom...


Looking down the hallway to the 2nd Bedroom (love the salvaged oak doors we found for our laundry area!)...


And the cool serenity of our completed bathroom...


I'm sure Jen will find more photos to post, but I couldn't wait to get something up. Now we have a nice peaceful area to live in while we dream, plan, and work on creating a kitchen for the first floor.

2 comments:

kaki said...

It looks great, the bathroom, I mean. Having just spent 2 years, uh, weeks living in a bathroom were the lights mysteriously go out every time it rains, ie. bathing using the braille method, I just yesterday took the most outragiously long bubblebath in my newly tiled[I no longer cut myself in the bathtub to start each day] bathroom. I sooo relate and empathize with your delight in the little pleasures. This morning I just stood for a momment to reflect on the joy of geting out of a tub where the water left behind isn't a paler version of the also paler version of the grout on the wall surrounding it. Oh the simple pleasures...

Anonymous said...

the brick in the bath looks gorgeous and i bet it looks fantastic with the trilobites. good work!!!