Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Maybe I'm Crazy ... Possibly ...



I've been a little loopier than usual lately, which I am going to go out on a limb and say is due to not just burning the candle at both ends but really throwing the candle into a stovepot and setting the whole shebang on fire. Working full-time day jobs, part time night jobs, being in a band (jason only - I gave up trying to find the time), rehabbing the house, going to physical therapy (me only) and trying to retain some semblance of a social life is taking its toll. I find myself succumbing to uncontrollable and sometimes mildly inappropriate bouts of hysterical laughter. Then there's the sleeping thing. I nap whenever I can, except I haven't figured out how to do it when driving yet. (Dad, what's the secret?) Jason, complete in his new Ditka-approved facehair, has a constant pale ghostly tone to his skin, which is worriesome until you understand it's not an illness but merely a stubborn layer of drywall dust that never seems to wash away.

We need a breather. A break. A siesta. A vacay. Whatever. And it's just around the bend ...

No comments: